Monday, February 15, 2010

Going to the chapel...

and we're gonna get MARRIED:) Gabe proposed on Saturday, Feb. 13th, 2010. We took a little weekend trip to Evansville, checked into our hotel, and I laid down for a little nap:) The next time I opened my eyes, there was an open ring box right in my face. Of course I said "yes," but Gabe's hands were shaking so bad he couldn't even put the ring on my finger:) That's what I love about him so much...such a tender heart and just a sweet man!!
After that, we went shopping at the mall, out to eat at O'Charley's (yum), went to the movies and watched "Dear John," then stopped at Coldstone for ice cream! I told Gabe he definately knows the way to my heart - a proposal, a chick flick, and ice cream:)
We told Max by getting him a build-a-bear and recording a message to put in it. When you press the paw of the bear, you hear my voice saying "Max, Gabe asked us to marry him!" and then Gabe says "What do you say, Max?" Max loved it and was excited - of course he said yes, too:)!! He absolutely ADORES Gabe and we are all soooo excited!! No date yet, but I'm sure I'll share it with you as soon as we know!

When I really think about it - it is kinda crazy...I started out this blog being a heart broken woman who had to write my feelings down instead of keeping them all in my heart. I knew if I did that I would soon break down...I needed this outlet and it always kept me going (with alot of help from my little man:) Now I'm writing on here in excitement about finding my prince...how things change so quickly. When I look back on my blog postings - it's amazing to see how time has changed me...how God has molded me. Of course I'm still a work in progress...but I am stronger and braver and happier than I ever thought I would be.


13 comments:

lgraber said...

Soooo sweet! I'm so happy for you both! =)

Unknown said...

so sweet! congrats to the three of you!!! love ya

Boothbloggers said...

Abbi! I'm in tears!!! SO EXCITED For you!! You so deserve a wonderful man and I"m so happy that God brought him to you! yay yay yay!!!

Tera said...

You forgot about the part where you screamed...that cracked me up! :) I got all teary-eyed when I read about how you told Max!!! So cute! Love you and can't wait to celebrate your big day with you!

Desiree' said...

abby---i am so happy for you two! everyone deserves to be happy and it looks like you've found your happy beginning :-)

Sonya said...

AWW! Congratulations!!! You and Max deserve this. Very cute way to tell Max:)

Anonymous said...

im happy for you abbie. its good to see that youre movin forward. gee, i wonder if i'll be invited to this one??? ;)

Brittany Janae said...

Yayy!!!! Jessica told me during Superbowl that it was coming 'very' soon... It was hard to keep quiet, haha! Congrats again:)

Tara said...

Happy for you three. Congratulations!

Chelsa said...

Congratulations Abbie!!! Love how you told Max!!

Ashley said...

Very exciting...things always seem to come together:) This is only the beginning and I know you are going to have many more great memories with Gabe and Max. Congrats!!!

Very cute how you told Max.

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOOOO! Congrats to you! So happy for your happiness.
Doug and Lisa

Unknown said...

Congratulations! God works in such mysterious ways!