Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kindness...

This morning after I dropped Max off in Loogootee, I stopped at McDonald's for a strawberry and banana smoothie before work. When I got up to the window to pay, the cashier told me that the man in the truck in front of me paid for my smoothie. I didn't know what to say. When kindness smacks you right between the eyes out of nowhere...it leaves you speechless.
And as I was processing this, very quietly in the background I heard "Jesus loves you....Jesus loves you..." coming from the radio. I had turned it to a Christian station (which I don't usually have my radio set on). I knew God was sending me a message.
Even through my foul moods, my morning sickness, my whining and my exhaustion - God reached through all of that and touched my heart. He reminded me that kindness can be very small and random, or it can be huge and overwhelming. He reminded me that people who care can make all the difference. He nudged me to overcome my attitude and feel his presence again.

All this from a thoughtful guy in the McDonald's drive-thru this morning...
Thank you would not be near enough...

3 comments:

Chelsa said...

awww, love it!
hope you are feeling better.

Leah Robinson said...

so sweet! love it

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I recently came across your blog and wanted to reach out to you in hopes of you posting about an event that we're particularly excited about at Primrose Schools.

I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com