Sunday, June 26, 2011

Constant reminders...

There are times when I have little patience with my sweet little boy. I get grumpy and tired...tired of telling Max to pick up his toys, tired of stepping on Legos or walking past his messy room. But this week as I walked around the house, I looked at those scattered toys with a different perspective - I started thinking of them as sweet reminders of his childhood. A childhood that is moving wayyyyyy too fast for this mama.

Reminders of giggles and laughs over silly games...

Reminders of pretend play with lots of imagination...

Reminders of dreams unseen and a future wide open...

It helps me remember that one day soon the world will be his to explore without me, and I will no longer see those constant reminders of a little boy who makes my heart sing. I will miss those scattered toys, his messy room, and picking up after him. And I'm going to spend the rest of the summer cherishing these constant reminders of Max's childhood.

2 comments:

Chelsa said...

great post! i needed this reminder to cherish it all!

Tera said...

Love this! Such a good reminder!!