Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Finally HOME...

I feel like every dream I've ever had has come true...I have an amazing husband who I am madly in love with, a little boy who makes my heart sing, and we finally have our own home:) Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying my life is perfect, but I feel blessed beyond belief! I think that everything I have gone through has made me appreciate this time in my life even more! Here are a few pictures of our brand-new home:

View from the outside
Our living room


Gabe and I's bedroom
Max's bedroom
Our kitchen...still have to get some island stools, but you get the idea:)

We are settling in and getting used to our new home. Each evening we have two baby deer who come into the background to munch on clover. They are no longer scared of us...just curious. Max is absolutley loving his new bedroom and spends most of his time in there. It is adjustment for him to sleep on his own, but he's been doing a great job. I lay down with him each night until he falls asleep, then head to my bed. He will wake me up 1 to 2 times during the night and I go back in his room to lay down with him again until he falls asleep. It's been a lot easier than I thought it would be, so I'm not going to complain:)

Max has also started Preschool at Odon Christian Church and loves going twice a week! The teachers keep telling me that I have the most well-behaved little boy and that he does great with the other children. Last night as we laid in bed he started singing a song he learned yesterday at school - he really seems to enjoy learning, like his Mama!

Ok - that's enough updates for now! Hope everyone is having a great week!

7 comments:

JessGraceIz said...

Your HOME is BEAUTIFUL along with the family that lives there...So happy for you Abbie as well as Gabe and Max...

Unknown said...

I love your house!! So beautiful!! I know that you will all make lots of precious memories there together :)

Chelsa said...

your house looks gorgeous! glad all your dreams have come true Abbie. You deserve it!

I am also glad that Max is adjusting well and loving his new room... and pre-school! wow!

Sonya said...

LOVE your new home!! It is beautiful! Is your floor hickory? That's what we have and your cabinets look exactly like ours the door styles are the same and the color looks the same!! Wood too:)
Glad Max is doing good! I'm happy for you all!!

Tera said...

Abbie Lynn- Wow! Isn't it amazing how one day you feel like it may never get finished and the next day you are sleeping in it?!! It has turned out beautifully!! Can't wait to see all of the finished stuff in person! So so so happy for you, sweetie!!! love you!

Shannon said...

It's beautiful, Abbie! So cozy!

Ashley said...

Your home is beautiful!!! You are going to have so many GREAT memories made it that home! It looks really peaceful and I know that is exactly what you guys wanted:)