Saturday, December 15, 2012

Prayers for Connecticut

I can't stop watching the news about what happened yesterday in Connecticut...As a teacher, as a mother - I am heartbroken. I don't even have the words to say what I want to say...this world is so very broken. 
And so I grieved yesterday, and I prayed with all my heart. I covered my own children with kisses and cried for those parents who would have given anything to do that to their own children just one more time. 
The only thing that comforts me is reading about God's promises that one day, this will all be forgotten and there will only be joy. We will see those we love again in Heaven - and our hearts will be whole once again. 


For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.  Romans 8:18

 So last night I took lots of photos and cherished each moments with my little ones. We went to watch Uncle Clay coach his JV team at North Daviess...and Max had his first little ballgame during halftime. I can't believe he is big enough to get out there and play...he scored the first basket of the game - talk about one proud Mama:)! I even caught the moment on camera!




This is Max with 3 of his closest buddies - Landon, Aiden, and Drew. 

Max and Drew fighting for the ball - they were really hustling!
Callie loved watching her Bubby and sharing popcorn with Dad!
Thank you, Lord, for one more day. 

No comments: