Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Summer 2016

It's been so long and I don't have any idea where to start. It is the Summer of 2016 and the months have been flying by. This was the first summer in my children's lifetimes that I had to go to work everyday, instead of having the summer off with them. To say my heart was broken is an understatement, but we managed to squeeze in a family vacation and fun on weeknights and weekends. August will be here in just a few weeks, and it seems odd to not be preparing my classroom with lots of colorful supplies for upcoming students. I still question myself daily on whether or not I made the right decision - leaving the classroom after 13 years of teaching. There are pros and cons to my decision and I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. One thing is for sure - I miss the lazy summer days that I had with
my kids. Here is what we have been up to all summer:

Playing lots and lots of baseball! Callie played T-ball for the first time this year and did a great job - and paid more attention in the game then I thought she would! 
Max moved up to the major league and was the youngest on his team - but ended up having a great season and even made All-Stars!


We spent time with close friends and family...


We had a baby shower for my sweet sister-in-law…and I will have a brand new niece in just a few weeks! I can't wait to hold her and see my brother become a daddy!



 We visited Destin, Florida with Gabe's family for a week and had such a wonderful time bonding with family!


Relaxing in the sun...

Fishing in the pond in front of our home...


And having some unforgettable moments of fun!!



No comments: