Monday, July 13, 2009

Lavish me with Love...

Ok, so what does "lavish" mean? I looked it up in the dictionary and this is the official definition:

lavish: expended, bestowed, or occuring in profusion; using or giving in great amounts.

This is a good definition, but I like Richard's definition yesterday from his sermon when he was speaking about how God lavishes his love on us: spoils us rotten!

I loved, loved, loved Richard's sermon at church so much yesterday because he talked about how bad things happen...but that doesn't mean that God doesn't love us.

We can't comprehend how much He loves us, but He does. We don't understand all of His works, but they are ALWAYS good. He loves us. He loves me...even little me. And he doesn't just love us...he lavishes his love on us:)

It really hit home when Richard said you don't have to go thru life "proving' things to God, but just walk with Him and work alongside Him because He already made me RIGHT (if I've asked for forgivness of my sins). We don't have to beg for something He has already given us in Jesus!!

Ecclesiastes 3:11 says "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." We can' t even fathom it...so just accept his LOVE and stop trying to earn it somehow, beg for it, or figure it out:)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

good post Abbie. This encouraged me today!

Chelsa said...

great post ab! i have a problem with always feeling like i have to prove my worth... even though i know that's not realistic and i don't, i still battle those feelings. i like to think of it that way-- that God spoils us rotten :)