Saturday, October 2, 2010

Max and I roughing it on our own...

Last night Gabe was was on a hunting trip, so Max and I were roughing it on our own. Here is how our night went:

9 p.m. - Max was overly tired, and ended up gagging and puking all over the floor because he was crying so hard over nothing at all.
9:02 p.m. - I'm cleaning puke off the floor
9:15 p.m. - Raylene (Gabe's mom) brought us our new puppy, a labradoodle. We named her Susie (after my mom's best friend who passed away a few years ago). She is a cutie, very playful and social. But it was her first night in the house, first night of potty training, etc.
9:25 p.m. - Susie peed on the floor and I cleaned it up
9:27 p.m. - As I'm cleaning up the pee I see Susie start to poop on the floor!! So I move on to cleaning up poop off the floor.
9:35 p.m. - We put Susie in the bathtub because she stinks like CRAZY!!!!
9:45 p.m. - I mop all the hardwood floors before heading to bed.

10:00 p.m. - We put Susie in her crate in the laundry room and she was very good all night...so we got some much needed sleep!:)

8 a.m. Sat. morning - we woke up and checked on Susie...who had pooped all over her crate, rolled in it, and smeared it all over everything. So it was back in the bathtub for Susie.
While we were giving Susie her second bath, Max sighed an
d said "Mom, it's HARD having a puppy!" I had to agree.

9 a.m. - Susie pooped in Max's room, but I cleaned it up before he could see it.


10 a.m. - We decided to put the puppy in the garage...I had HAD it!

So now we have a kitten and a new puppy in our new house - craziness! ha ha! But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA. Abbie, I can SOOOO relate to your adventures!! It's hard to have a puppy!! We are crate training Annie too- but we are lucky, she hasn't went potty in it yet. Just keep using positive reinforcement!! They are so loveable, it's hard to get mad--even when they look at you as they are peeing all over the floor!!

Good Luck!!

Tera said...

Oh my goodness, Abbie! What a crazy night/morning! I hope Susie is easy to train...she sure is cute!

Ashley said...

What a day/night!!! It is going to take a lot of reinforement and reminder to your pup to go potty OUTSIDE (haha) but in the end it will be worth it!! I remember when Khloe was a pup we have mostly floating floors and she would always want to go on the carpet. Seriously! But wouldn't trade her for the world. Susie might be easier b/c I have heard labs are easy to train:)

April Stilwell said...

oh goodness Abbie! We can absolutely relate! We got a miniature schnauzer back in July. He pooped on our wood floors for 2 1/2 months. Not only that, anytime Parker would see it and smell it, he would throw up. I was constantly cleaning up someone elses mess. We decided that dogs are WAY worse than babies. At least babies keep their messes contained in a diaper. Maybe Susie needs some puppy diapers :)