Monday, September 24, 2012

Mama Necklace

I bought a necklace for myself when Callie was born...it is definitely my most favorite piece I own yet -and I have a feeling it always will be. I've gotten lots of compliments on it, so I decided to write about it here for those who might just want to spoil themselves and order their own:)

I follow a blog written by Lisa Leonard...who seems super sweet and one of those people you would want to meet in real life, and who also happens to create beautiful, meaningful jewelry as her "day job." From her blog you can shop at her online store...but let me warn you - you will probably want to order LOTS of her stuff:)! I fell in love with her "mama" necklace. It is a big silver circle that says "mama in the middle. Around the edges it says "hand holder, dream soother, love giver." This just says it all to me. Especially on those days when as a mother, you feel ragged and stretched thin. You feel snippy and tired...emotional and just plain old. These phrases on my necklace remind me I matter. That two little lives depend on me and deserve my very best all the time.



I'm thinking of ordering the engraved heart with my kids' names next:) Spoil yourself and order one of her gorgeous pieces...I promise you won't regret it!!

No comments: