Life is messy sometimes...
Moms get overwhelmed.
Children get fevers and feel icky.
Laundry piles up.
Feelings get hurt.
Friendships get neglected.
Things just don't go your way.
I'm just so thankful that we can rest in the knowledge that God is in control. It might not always be happy and good and perfect. It might not always be smiles and laughter. But we can find the good in all things. I am still ready "One Thousand Gifts," and still making my list. Here are a few I've written in my journal so far:
11. The sound of my dad harvesting corn in a nearby field
19. Old quilts soft to the touch
35. An unexpected hand-written note from a friend.
42. My grandpa's white beard
54. Warm socks on a cold day
63. Milk rings on the night stand
66. The promise of Heaven for a young life lost
I've been trying to see the blessing in all things...even things I used to call inconveniences or hardships.
I also wanted to share some photos that Haylee from H.H. Photography took of Max and Callie. I thought they turned out very sweet and wanted to share: