Saturday, July 6, 2013

Camping and other summer activities:)

Summer is in full swing...and our family is in the midst of some major changes. I can't share much now, but I promise that I will lay it all out there as soon as I can. For now I will share what we have been up to lately. 
Last week we went on a mini-vacation with the whole Swartzentruber family to Rough River State Park in Kentucky. Our campers were lined up on the lots, the weather was perfect, and we spent lots of time get closer as an extended family. There was a really nice beach to play on, a cute little playground, and a huge river to take the boat out on. We had a really great time and the kids slept well in the camper- which my dad just purchased and let us borrow. 
Max became a master bike rider while we were there - him and Elisha were going down hills and around curves that made me hold my breath until they stopped:)

 These two always have fun together - love them so much!
 The men did alot of fishing and cleaning of fish - we had a fish fry one night at the camper!
 AunaRay is covering Callie in sand - the girls both loved the beach!
 Great Grandma Swartzentruber even got dirty playing in the sand with Callie!
 We borrowed Nelson's scooter to take a little cruise:) Gabe thought this was just wonderful:)!
 When we got home, we had a spot reserved at Boggs for the 4th of July, so we are camping again! I think everyone is officially camped out!


Here is Callie with her Daddy's carving headphones on - she thought it was so cool that they had a radio on them!
Gabe and I also celebrated our 3 year anniversary on July 4th...I thought it was so funny, that evening we were on the golf cart with Max and he said "It is your anniversary, right?" I said that it was and he said "What are you gonna do?" I laughed as I told him that we were just gonna hang out on the golf cart with him - that was the extent of our celebration:)! 

No comments: