Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fall 2013

Life has been flying by...
only slowing down here and there for moments of celebration, sadness, or counting blessings. 
We celebrated my little cousin's wedding - Lauren and Zack were married on the most gorgeous Saturday we've had all year. It was so relaxed and laid-back...much like Lauren herself. The whole wedding party spent most of the day at my mom and dad's - taking pictures, snacking, and just celebrating the love shared between these two! Lauren was so very full of joy all day long - it was a beautiful wedding and the reception was a blast! 



The next day, on Sunday morning, a young man who graduated from Barr-Reeve last year was in a terrible accident and passed away. I had watched him grow up during my 11 years teaching at BR - as well as his brother and sisters. Everything seemed to come to a standstill and it was such an emotionally  draining week for the whole community. My heart breaks for Brandon's family...losing a son is the worst possible thing I can imagine happening. There is nothing to say that would help...nothing to do that would change what has happened. Seeing the pain in his parents' eyes was unbearable...sadness overwhelms me. 

So here I am again...asking God to forgive me for letting work overwhelm me, being impatient with my precious kiddos, short with my husband. It seems like I would eventually learn, doesn't it? But HE doesn't get annoyed with me...listens each time I ask for forgiveness, loves me thru the layers of sin. 
He gently reminds me to find patience and never miss a moment with my sweet family. 



1 comment:

Ashley said...

It breaks my heart when kids go to heaven so soon! It makes me think of how hard it is since I lost my sister and knowing what they are going through.

Lauren's dress was beautiful! I love the lace!