Friday, October 25, 2013

Praising and Pumpkin Painting...

A few hours ago I watched my son get in the car with his father and drive away. I had only gotten to see him for fifteen minutes when I got home from work. Max seemed pale and quiet...I worry over him and ask him lots of questions - it's been a long and exhausting week and I'm afraid he could be coming down with something. But I had to watch him leave and he is out of my sight...but not my mind. Parenting is an unending cycle of overwhelming joy and gut-wrenching worry. It's terrifying and exhilarating...complicated to say the least. 


Thank goodness not everything is complicated. 
Last Sunday at church, our preacher spoke about one such thing...something that isn't complex and confusing. 
Following Jesus. 
Nothing about following Jesus has to be complicated. Psalms 150 simply states "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!"
As I feel Fall wrapping around me, it is so easy to see God's creation praising the Lord...the thunder, the lightening, trees with their changing leaves, water bubbling in the stream, rain on the roof. When everything around me tangles up and life seems to be in knots - I simply need to praise the Lord. That's it. 
I'm a follower of Jesus and I will praise His name. No matter the situation, no matter the fear. I will stop what I am doing and praise Him. It is as simple as that. 








1 comment:

Tera said...

I have been HORRIBLE about keeping up on blogs! I just got caught up on yours from September! As always, your kids are a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e! Your classroom looks great! Traveling in the RV sounds sooo fun to me, but you know I like to travel...yet I'm a homebody too so I don't know?!;) We have got to plan a playdate for Brielle and Callie! And the picture of Callie with her arm around her daddy at the zoo...so sweet!!