Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful heart...

Last night I got a chance to meet one of my friends for dinner at Los Bravos - it really did my heart good to sit down with Andrea, catch up, watch our kids interact, and talk to her about some of the more serious stuff in my life. It's crazy to me that we haven't really been friends all that long...about 4 years, but she is just one of those people who just "gets me." Everytime I talk to her, it feels like we've known each other forever - I can talk to her about anything and I know that she will listen with an open and honest heart. She doesn't judge me, doesn't look down on me, she just takes me for who I am - and I LOVE having a friend like that.

Last night as we caught up on what is going on with the "me and Gil' situation - she truely listened to me and I knew that she understood...she knew my heart. Tonight I found a verse in the Bible, and it made me think of the "Christ-like" friendship she offers me. 1 Chronicles 28:9 says ...serve Him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts. Andrea knows the motives behind my decision, but even more importantly - Christ knows my motives, and that is all that matters.

This post is a "thank you," an "I'm so grateful for you," and a "what would I do without you" to Andrea:)!! I'm sooooo thankful she is there for me during this season of my life!!

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-4
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

How the Lord loves us! I'm so glad he put a friend in your day who could listen and love.

Tera said...

Awww, that is soo sweet! I've already thought about how I want to request her for the girls' kindergarten teacher. She is such a sweetie!