Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Patience...

I have had a really rough week - times like these remind me why am I sooooooo thankful for God's forgiveness! All week I have struggled with being patient. I have been "short" with my family and with Max...lost my patience and said things I don't mean. Patience has always been something that I didn't have an overwhelming amount of - but it seems that with a 3 year old, all the stress of my marriage falling apart, and money being tight has just put me into overload. I just seem to let impatience take over, and it ends up ruining my whole night with Max, or my family. I know it is something I have to address...and something I can't do on my own. So I turned to the Bible and found some scriptures about patience. Here is what I found:
Romans 15:4-5 - For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:12-13 - Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

These two verses are going to drive me during the next few weeks as I work on being more patient!! If you know anymore verses - please let me know:) I need all the encouragment I can get:)!!

I have to go, but before I do - I have to share a couple pictures from tonight. My brother, Clay, was in Evansville tonight for school and brought home some donuts and a cute hat from Krispy Kreams for Max:) Here they are - aren't they cute??
Uncle Clay and Max with the yummy donuts:)!! My little donut man in his jammies!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

i miss you!
& i love the pictures. When me and mom go to evansville we always have to bring home Kalen's "Krispy donuts." He has called them that since he was like 5. See you this weekend. I'm coming to the game with Derrick on Saturday!

Chelsa said...

Patience is something I always have to work on... especially more now that I'm pregnant... little things B does bothers me more than they normally would... then I feel like a terrible mommy.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for this post! Your committment to use scripture to shape the way you think and act is an inspiration to many of us! :) Oh, I'm the guy who introduced myself at Mi Pueblo. You've got a wonderful little guy! - Jason