Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

It's Christmas day...and here I am sitting at home with the stomach flu!! Yuck! Definately not the way I wanted to spend my day...but I had an amazing Christmas eve and Christmas morning with Max! I held it together long enough for Max to open his gifts - but was in bed the rest of the day. Max is hanging out with his Daddy...opening gifts from the Toy family and getting spoiled, I'm sure!!

Just wanted to talk about Christmas for a few minutes...I got an awesome devotional from Rick Warren again - and feel like I have to share part of it:)
As this precious day comes to and end, Mr. Warren warns us to remember that it's "not about you."
He says "It's not about you. That's exact opposite of what our culture says. Our entire culture says "It's all about you."

"You'll never find satisfaction and significance by living for yourself because God didn't wire you that way. You were made for God. There will always be a hole in your heart because you need something greater than yourself. You need God's purpose. You've tried everything else. Why not try God?"

So this Christmas, don't let it become about you...don't focus on what YOU get, what YOU look like, what YOU eat, how sick YOU are (that one's a reminder for me)...but put the focus on GOD and his precious SON!!
I'll leave you with a few pictures I have taken within the last few days:

My family
Max and his Uncle Clay


My little spiderman!!



Merry Christmas, everyone!!


No comments: