Monday, February 23, 2009

Attitude

This past weekend I was a grump! No, seriously, I was in some sort of funk that I just couldn't get out of...until Sunday morning when the sermon at church smacked me right upside the head!
It started Friday evening when there were 5 kids running circles around me, screaming at the top of their lungs...my head started pounding and things went downhill from there. My attitude was horrible, and I ended up taking it out on Max, which in turn caused him to be not very nice to me (can you really blame him?) - I needed to just get over it, but I didn't until Sunday morning when God gave me a little (ok, a pretty big) reminder...

At church the last couple of Sundays we have been discussing serving - serving God, your church, and others. One of Richard's "sub-points" during the sermon was about attitude and how it effects the way you serve. At this point my face is getting hot, my heart starts to beat faster, and I'm wondering why everyone isn't turning around in the pews to stare at me, because I felt like they probably should be. He was talking to me...and no, I don't just mean Richard, I mean HIM! God was directing Richards words and just giving me a reminder that my attitude was terrible and I could make a decision to change it. Because it was affecting the people around me - the people I love the most, and everyone I should have been "serving."

The scripture that Richard had us read was Philippians 2:14 & 15 - "Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life..."

And Richard pointed out that the scripture says "EVERYTHING," not some things, but everything!! Ok, ok, I hear you, Lord. And I'm getting my attitude in check (suck it up, Abbie!)

Although my attitude needed adjusted - I still took the time to take a few pictures this weekend:) Here are the five crazy (and adorable, sweet, extremely lovable) children that I spent the weekend with...

And here is my little man - (with his first official black eye, can you see it?) rocking out with his Wiggles guitar...how could I have been in a bad mood with this little cutie? Ha ha...I don't know, but luckily I'm over it now:)!!



Love you all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing that. I needed that reminder to.
The pics are so cute, and Max cracks me up. What a little cutie!! Miss ya much.

April Stilwell said...

Rock on Max!!! I think we all need those reminders from time to time Abbie! Let me tell you, my attitude has been in rare form this evening and I have said some things to my husband that I truly do not mean. Your post has served as my reminder :)Now if I can just suck it up, admit that I'm wrong, and apologize!!!

Whitney said...

Thanks for sharing that post. I have heard that saying over and over, but always seem to forget it from time to time. I know I can really complain about things-hopefully I will do better! Thanks again!

Tera said...

Love Max's haircut!

Anonymous said...

I love your transparency, it is very refreshing. Thanks for "keeping it real"! Love the pictures of your son, very cute!