Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Last game...

Max had his last pee-wee game of the season on Monday - it is going to feel like everything is slowing down so much without going to the ballpark 2 or 3 nights a week. Max learned alot this year in pee-wee and you could tell he was one of the older kids this year:) He will move up to minor league next year, which he is excited about. He actually played in 2 minor league games this season because they needed another player. I was so proud (not to mention nervous) for my little man...especially seeing him with the "big boys." He did so well, hit the ball, slid into base, and even made it home once! He also got hit on the hand while batting...which I think hurt me more then it hurt him! Ha ha! Gabe still just amazes me with what an awesome coach he is - he has so much patience and gives so much time to those kids. He is really excited about moving up with Max to minor league:)  With Father's Day coming up - I just have to say that Gabe deserves the "Father of the Year Award!!" Seriously - he is just amazing with both kids - always helping & giving me some "me" time. He has the most kind and caring heart - I just love that man:)!!


Max has also adjusted to his baby sister so well - and the love between them is so strong. Max is constantly helping me with Callie, making sure she is safe, giving her snacks, talking to her, making her laugh, and being her best buddy. I love to watch them together and feel very blessed for having both of them in my life. 


Today we went to a friend's pool with Janae and the kids she babysits for. We had so much fun - just lounging in the sun and swimming our little hearts out:)!! Max LOVES the water and would have stayed in there all day - Callie is a little more timid, but she is only little so I don't blame her. She had a death grip on me the entire time we were in the pool. 
It was so sweet to watch Janae with the kids and how much they all love her (including my kids). Callie doesn't reach for hardly anyone - but she was reaching for Janae today. I just think it is so cool that I carried Janae around when she was Callie's age, and now here is she, going to be a senior in high school and such a wonderful girl. She is GREAT with kids, and I just love to be around her and catch up with what is going on in her life:)!!

No comments: