Sunday, September 7, 2008

One little boy...soooo many tractors...

I can't believe another weekend is over with - we had a really nice weekend with my family. Friday night and all day Saturday was spent at the Antique show at Elnora. We really had alot of fun looking at all the cool tractors, searching for treasures in the flea market, petting all the animals, riding the ranger, and of course EATING some great food:)! Here are a few pictures from our time there:






This morning we picked up Gil from the Lighthouse and took him to church at Harvest in Washington. It was a great message, but what really stood out to me was a line from the first song we sang. It's called "Breathe" and as we lifted our voices in praise we sang "I'm desperate for you..." I clung to this phrase because it put into words exactly how I've felt since last Wednesday. I'm desperate for Jesus.

When we returned home I looked up the definition of desperate. It means having an intense need or desire. And then I knew for sure... I'm desperate for His love, His forgivness, His comfort, and His presence. As I've thought of it today I've just said a quick prayer and told God how desperate I am for Him - I guess it took this awful situation to show me how desperate I was for GOD:) (that is at least one blessing that has come from all this:)!!

No comments: